scrim

The Centre de création industrielle and exhibitions (1968-1992): successive refocusing.

abstract

In 1968, the CCI was a nascent institution: urban planning, graphic design and visual communication, industrial design, cultural and social issues, and "collective functions" were its fields of activity. It took over the Union Centrale des Arts Décoratifs and then the Centre Georges Pompidou. In addition to its many activities, the Centre published fundamental texts such as Sigfried Giedion's Mechanisation in Power (1948) and produced emblematic exhibitions such as Qu'est-ce que le design? (1968), Bunker Archéologie (1975) or Les immatériaux (1985). Some credits still elude the CCI. The programme initiated by Ens Paris-Saclay and the MNAM/CCI Kandinsky Library (2017-2019) aims, thanks to the archives, to bring to light a precise sampling of exhibitions in order to identify the issues and the means imagined by its organizers and to allow the analysis and the uncovering of a blind spot in the French historiography of design. Direction of the line: Catherine Geel

    refine search… | …
    … | …
    • search
    • filter
    • sort
    exact term
    language
    • fr
    • en
    type
    • interview
    • lecture
    • book section
    • fiction/non fiction
    • dissertation/thesis
    • essay
    • visual essay
    • addendum
    • memorandum
    • others
    created
    • 2020
    • 2010
    • 2000
    • 1990
    • 1980
    • 1970
    • 1960
    • 1950
    • 1940
    • 1930
    • 1920
    • 1910
    • 1900
    • 1890
    • 1870
    • 1860
    • 1850
    • 1840
    • 1820
    • 1810
    • 1800
    • XVIIIe
    • XVIIe
    • XVIe
    • XVe
    • XIVe
    • title
    • authors
    • type
    • created